Agoura Hills DUI Lawyer
Driving under the influence in Agoura Hills is a genuinely bad idea. DUI charges are very serious and the legal consequences are only becoming harsher every year. Even in case it was your very first DUI, you still risk being sentenced to jail, losing your driving privileges, having to attend mandatory DUI classes, being put under probation for several years as well as some expensive fines. These charges could have a negative impact on your entire life. This is why need a seasoned Agoura Hills DUI attorney on your side.
DUI charges include a number of serious penalties, but the most consequential are the financial penalties. Through the course of years, fines for DUI were only growing; now making it the most expensive misdemeanor in existence. DUI charges for a driver without any criminal records may reach up to $15 600.
Agoura Hills is benefiting from this in all the ways possible. The DUI convictions here are a great source of income and the area is doing its very best in order to maintain that cash flow. DUI checkpoints appear every month and law enforcement authorities do not take charges lightly.
Surely, fines will not be only penalties you will need to deal with:
- Not only fines – you will be charged by the court for its own fees. Even if you will need to pay the smallest of fines – $390, the bill will be at the very least $1 800.
- Time in jail. Every single DUI will imply spending at the very least two days in jail and the term may reach up to 6 months.
- Losing driving privileges. You will lose your driver’s license for a couple of months and up to a year.
- DUI classes. Every DUI offender will be required to go to the special DUI school. First time DUI conviction implies three months of classes and will cost you several hundred dollars.
There is also a possibility that you will be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle, you could also be facing felony charges and could lose your driver’s license for good.
There are number of ways in which DUI arrests may occur. The Agoura Hills area is controlled by both the Highway Patrol squads from the West Valley division and LA County Sheriff. Generally, you will be arrested and taken to the Malibu or Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station. Nevertheless, it does not really matter who apprehended you – once the process has started, it will be carried on very quickly and quite unforgiving.
The process also implies certain deadlines, so you will need to be prepared to deal with every single one. Three general deadlines are below:
- The Arraignment. The arraignment could take place in a couple of days after the arrest or it can take several weeks as well. This is basically the main deadline during which you will be able to get an attorney. During the arraignment, you will be given a choice – to enter a deal and the prosecution will present you with a deal that is not all that different from being found guilty. But if you have an experienced Agoura Hills DUI lawyer, it will send a message to the prosecution. The prosecutor will realize that you are not going to just give up and he will need to work hard in order to convict you. That fact on its own is enough to convince the prosecution to work out a better deal.
- The DMV hearing. Following your arrest, you will only have 10 days to fight for your driving privileges. Should you not request an administrative DMV hearing within 10 days, you will have your license put on suspension. Talk to your attorney about initiating the hearing.
- The trial. The date of the trial will be set within 45 days and will take place at the Chatsworth Courthouse. The process may be quite stressful, but if you have a good attorney, there is a chance that you will not need to be there at all. The lawyer will do his best to deal with case before that and deliver the best results possible.
Dealing with DUI is not easy, but it is possible nonetheless. You will be able to deal with it properly if you will have a qualified as well as experience Agoura Hills DUI attorney by your side. You will need to find a lawyer who focuses on DUI cases and who was able to deal with plenty of those in the past.
Experienced Agoura Hills DUI Lawyer You Can Trust
A qualified and experienced Agoura Hills DUI lawyer would be able to:
- Dispute the breath or blood test results if the procedure was not entirely lawful,
- In case the police officer is inconsistent in his statements, the lawyer will rip his testimony to shreds,
- The arrest in case there are reasons to believe that your rights were violated to begin with.
Carrying out these things will require a comprehensive understanding of the law and all proceedings. Should it be carried out effectively, the lawyer could turn the odds in your favor. The prosecution could even dismiss the case to begin with.
You must not face DUI charges on your own. We are capable of providing you info on the most qualified and experienced Agoura Hills DUI lawyers out there. We are only working with attorneys who are focusing on DUI and are also offering free consultations. Please call us at (877) 781-1570 or fill out online contact form.