Arcadia DUI Lawyer
When it comes to DUI, City of Arcadia is taking the matter very seriously. DUI penalties are becoming more severe and local law enforcement authorities are quite unforgiving. Some of sentences may well incorporate time in jail, driver’s license suspension, obligatory DUI classes as well as a small fortune in fines. If you or your loved ones were charged with DUI, it is very important to consult with professional Arcadia DUI attorney as soon as possible.
No doubt, it is best to fight DUI charges with a qualified as well as experienced Arcadia DUI lawyer by your side. Our attorneys have a skill that allows us to spot any inconsistencies in the case against you and they will know how to use those holes in your favor. We will be able to save a lot of your money.
California in general is very harsh when it comes to DUI and Arcadia is not an exception. The area is constantly establishing new DUI checkpoints in order to apprehend more DUI offenders. The motive is quite straightforward – DUI charges bring money into the budget. Fines are very expensive and the overall price tag for a first time DUI may result in up to $15 469 in fines.
Facing a DUI in Arcadia
Of course, fines are not the only legal penalty you will be facing. DUI laws in California are quite complex and are largely based on whether it is your first, second, third or subsequent DUI offense. Penalties are harsher for repeat crimes, but even if it is your first time DUI, you should be prepared for:
- Time in jail. First time offenders may now get jail time – from 2 days and all the way up to 6 months.
- License suspension. Every DUI conviction also implies obligatory license suspension. It will last for several months or up to a year.
- Alcohol treatment or DUI classes. You will be obligated to visit mandatory DUI classes for up to 3 months and it will cost you about $500. Alcohol treatment may also be an option.
- Expensive fines. The smallest of fines that you will need to pay, along with court fees, is $1 800. And this is the minimal one.
Once you are arrested, several deadlines are going to start their countdown. If you wish to deal with a DUI in Arcadia, you will need to prepare for the following deadlines:
- The DMV Hearing (10 days from arrest). Unless you have been proven guilty, the court will not be able to take your driver’s license from you. Yet, if you are not going to act quickly, the DMV may suspend your driving privileges. If you wish to avoid such an outcome, you will need to initiate an administrative DMV hearing within 10 days after the arrest. An attorney will be able to represent you during that hearing as well.
- The Arraignment (7-14 days from arrest). The arraignment will take place within 2 weeks. During the arraignment you will officially enter a Guilty or not Guilty plea. Do not mistake it for the trail. Even though it is quite short, it will provide you with a chance to face the prosecution. Sure enough, the prosecutor will want a conviction as quickly as possible and will do his best to get it. Hence, you will need to have a good legal representative in order to demonstrate that you are not an easy target.
- The Trial (30-45 days from arrest). DUI trials in Arcadia usually take place at the El Monte Courthouse. Yet, you may avoid the trial to begin with. The DUI attorney will do his best to deal with the matter without the trial. The lawyer will challenge all the available evidence and will pressure the prosecutor into offering you a better deal. This may imply dropping charges, offering a light punishment an even reducing DUI to a smaller offense.
Arcadia DUI Attorney You Can Rely On
Finding a qualified Arcadia DUI lawyer is very important. Experienced lawyer will act as a guide for you through all the proceedings. We will use our expertise in order to make sure that the legal system is working for you and will get you every single possibility to fight charges.
Having a qualified and experienced DUI lawyer by your side is beneficial, since:
- The lawyer will know how to challenge the BAC test results that you were forced to submit yourself to. Perhaps this evidence is invalid to begin with.
- The lawyer will be able to spot any inconsistencies in police procedures and the arresting officer’s report.
- The lawyer will be able to negotiate with the prosecutor in order to get you the very best bargain possible.
Sure enough, if you or your loved ones were charged with DUI in Arcadia, you will be stressed out to say the least. Hence, we believe that it is our duty to make sure that people like you will be able to get a professional Arcadia DUI attorney quickly and effectively. Our experienced Arcadia DUI lawyer will be offering a free initial consultation and this is your chance to really make the most from the defense and get the most from the lawyer’s services. Please call Eisner Gorin LLP for DUI legal help at (877) 781-1570 or use online contact form.