Out-of-State DUI

Defending Out-of-State DUI Charges

out of state duiAre you a resident from another state who has been charged with DUI in Los Angeles? You will need an attorney who can help you with your DMV hearing and your trial. It may be possible for your DUI lawyer to represent you in your state, but this may not always be possible. If your case goes to trial, your presence will most likely be needed: not only by the court but because you may have a better chance of winning if you are present. Your testimony is likely to be pertinent as well, particularly regarding your police stop and arrest.

At Eisner Gorin LLP, we are qualified to help you with your LA DUI charge even if you live in another state. We will do whatever we can to help you avoid being present during the entire DUI process, if travelling back to California again is difficult for you. You will have the backing and advice of our entire legal team, who have over 50 years of experience in court. If your driving under the influence case goes to court, one of our partners will represent you, not an inexperienced lawyer.

Drivers License Compact

Most states, including California, follow the Drivers License Compact. This is an agreement between states to share information about a person’s driving history. Every state except Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee and Massachusetts are a part of this agreement. This means, if you are a California resident convicted of DUI in Alabama, your California driver’s license will likely be suspended along with your ability to drive in Alabama. On the other hand, if you are an Alabama resident who is convicted of DUI in California, your home state license will likely be suspended along with your right to drive in California.

If you are an out of state resident arrested for DUI in LA County, you will need an attorney who can protect your interests and help you avoid a conviction.

Related Information: Drugs And DUI | Felony DUI Charges